Skip to main content

"Our Members, Volunteers, and Friends
are our most valuable assests"

MEMBER OF THE
LAUREL HIGHLANDS VISITORS BUREAU

 Bullskin Fire Company

     In December 1959, a meeting was held at the Pleasant Valley Grange to discuss the organization of a Fire Company for Bullskin Township.  The first recorded meeting was in January 1960 at the Bullskin Elementary School.  The Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Company and Relief Association charter was approved in June 1960.  It wasn't long until the group held its first fundraiser, a sausage and buckwheat cake supper.  Shortly after that, a used 1950 Dodge fuel tanker was purchased and converted into a water tanker for fire fighting.

     Since then there have been many suppers, hoagie sales, bingos, raffles, fairs, and music nights that have been graciously supported by our township residents.  These efforts have made it possible for the acquisition of pumpers, tankers, brush and rescue trucks, as well as a mini-pumper and a boat.

     The Ladies Auxiliary was chartered in 1961.  These ladies serve an important role in assisting the Fire Company with fundraising, helping hands, and moral support.

     The Fire Company is proud to recognize they now have the fourth generation of fire fighters and rescue personnel.  They strive to save lives and property for the citizens of Bullskin Township and lend a hand to the neighboring communities as well.

"MAKING HISTORY SINCE 1784"

Bullskin Township Historical Society
P.O. Box 724
Mount Pleasant, PA  15666
724-787-0853

Email: bullskinhistory@outlook.com